JCOPE Hosting Roundtable Discussions With Regulated Community
The Joint Commission on Public Ethics ("JCOPE") is hosting informal roundtable discussions for lobbyists, client filers and compliance officers, state ethics officers and other members of the regulated community on a variety of topics. The roundtable discussions are not training sessions. Rather, they are opportunities for the regulated community to meet with JCOPE staff to discuss any issues relating to compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines, and their experience with the Commission.
Space is limited at the discussions and seating is reserved for the regulated community. After each event, information about the roundtable, including the attendees and general topics discussed, is posted on the JCOPE website.
Those interested in attending any of these roundtable discussions should send a message of interest via email to email@example.com and include the word "Roundtable" in the subject line. Any emails should include the name of the person wishing to attend, their affiliation, contact telephone numbers, any specific topics they are most interested in discussing and the preferred location (Albany or New York City) they would want to attend.
JCOPE will work to accommodate as many as possible at the roundtables and will consider dates and topics based on interest shown.
- Source of Funding disclosure regulations and Reportable Business Relationship disclosure guidelines, and their application by lobbyists and clients
- The drafting of proposed regulations regarding gifts, travel reimbursement, honoraria and public service announcements
- The lobbying random audit program
- Development of the Commission's new website and lobbying filing system
- The Lobbying Act and Social Media Activities